Pages are built out using page components or WordPress Blocks. These components allow us to build complex pages without shortcodes, using a drag-and-drop interface.
Documentation on the basics of the WordPress editor and Blocks can be found on the WordPress.org site.
How to Use
- On the page editing interface, click the plus (+) icon to add a block to the page.
- Simply begin typing in this block for simple text elements or click the plus (+) icon to the right of this block to use a specific component or layout
- Components: Stylized elements created by simple field inputs or post types such as a post feed, buttons, or callouts
- Layouts: Page structuring components which allows additional blocks to be placed into to create multi-column displays, sidebars, grids, or colored content rows
- Once a block is placed, a preview of the component will display on the page and the options for the selected block will appear in the right sidebar – filling out these options and fields will automatically update the preview of the block; alternatively clicking the edit pencil icon on a block preview will switch the block from preview to edit mode, showing the options within the block itself instead of the preview