8 Verses For The Weary Soul
In a world that glorifies the hustle, we can sometimes feel guilty for resting.
There’s a narrative being spread that we always need to be doing more: working harder, studying more, getting a better job, etc. It’s almost like if we’re not exhausted, we think we’re not doing enough.
That’s what the world says, but what does God say?
The Bible is pretty clear that rest is not only allowed, but encouraged. In fact, it brings us closer to God. Even Jesus rested, and like with all things, we are to follow His lead.
Below are 8 verses that can offer you a moment of rest today. Read them, ponder them, and let them remind you that rest is a gift from our Creator.
1. “For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.” – Jeremiah 31:25
2. “Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:30-31
3. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9
4. “for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.” – Philippians 2:13
5. “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” – Romans 8:18
6. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
7. “Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.” – Psalm 62:1