This September: How You Can Put Christ’s Love In Action
Romans 12:9-21 is titled “Love in Action.”
This passage begins just after the apostle Paul finishes discussing the importance of the body of Christ serving one another, and he then goes into specific ways we can do just that.
A few of the commands he presented include:
- “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (v.10)
- “Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.” (v.11)
- “Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.” (v.13)
The Scripture is clear. We need to put the love Christ has shown us in to action, but we may wonder: Where and how do we start? What does God want us to do?
These are great questions to bring to the Lord in prayer, but as you begin, remember He’s looking for obedience, not perfection. Some great questions to ask yourself as you start are: What are the needs in your community? Who around you could you share the gospel with and offer a helping hand? Showing love to others comes in many different forms, and it doesn’t have to be complicated. All we have to do is submit to the Lord and begin.
If you are feeling the call and the ability to serve, we have a few options to help get you started. This month we will be holding three different Pantry Project van stops in partnership with Rosedale Baptist Church. The goal of this project is to collect food and fill pantries in need throughout our state. There are people all around us who are struggling with food insecurity, and we need your help to serve them. There are two ways you can serve in these upcoming van stops:
- Prayer – Sometimes, we aren’t in the position to make a donation, and that’s okay. God sees you and loves you more than you can fathom. Prayer is a great way to serve if you aren’t able to donate at this time, and we would so appreciate prayers for God to bless, provide, and spread the Gospel through these events.
- Donation – If you are able to donate, we encourage you to bring your items to any of the three locations below so we can collect them and send them off to the pantries that we are helping. There, your donation will go directly toward making sure an individual in need knows where their next meal is coming from.
Below are the dates and locations of each September Pantry Project:
Here are the items most needed: Pancake Mixes • Muffin Mixes • Pasta Sides • Peanut Butter • Potato Sides • Mashed Potatoes • Rice Sides • Cake Mixes • Brownie Mixes • Frosting • Peanut Butter • Canned Chicken Soup • Snacks (cookies, crackers) • Canned Meats (Spam, corned beef, ham, salmon) • Pancake Syrup • Granola Bars • Canned Fruit • Canned Corn • Canned Meals (Chef Boyardee, Stews, Chili) • Tomato Products (especially diced tomatoes, tomato paste) •Pet Supplies • Personal Bathroom Essentials • Crackers • Cookies • Laundry Detergent
In whatever way you choose to serve, whether through the Pantry Project or a different opportunity, we pray that the Holy Spirit strengthens you to spread the Gospel boldly and that you feel the Lord’s love covering you as step out in faith.