The Posts content type is used for creating SHINE Daily blog posts on the site.
- SHINE Daily Listing pages
- SHINE Daily Detail pages
- Feature Row Block
- Show Info Block (list of posts associated with the show)
- DJ Bio Block (list of posts associated with the DJ)
Creating & Editing Posts
- Click on “Posts” in the left sidebar of the admin page.
- To edit an existing post, click on “All Posts” to see and select the post you wish to modify.
- To add a new post, click on “Add New“
- Enter the post’s title
- Build the post page content using the block editor
- Enter information into the fields in the right sidebar Document tab:
- Author: set the author of the page if it is not associated with your user
- Categories: set the categories (topics) for the post
- Shows: set any additional shows associated with the post if not already set by the Author
- Featured Image: the image of the post which appears in listings, featured blocks, and on the detail page embedded in the content
- Excerpt: a short description of the post
- Banner Text Override: the page banner is the same as the title by default, enter text here to override the banner text
- Banner Image: a banner image specific to this post instead of the default for posts
- Featured: toggling this option will make the post appear in the featured row or possible in the featured block on listing pages
- Search Exclude: toggle this to exclude the page from Search
Posts can be tagged and filtered with the following Taxonomies:
- Topic (Category)
You can add a new taxonomy type by clicking on “Categories” in the Admin area under Posts. This will take you to a page listing all the current taxonomies of that type. You can add a new type using the fields on the left.
Alternatively, you can quick add a taxonomy using the taxonomy box in the right hand sidebar menu on the edit page on any Post.