The Viral Salmon Rice Bowl That’s Too Easy Not To Try
Over the past few weeks, TikTok user Emily Mariko has sent the internet into a frenzy over her salmon rice recipe. However, unlike so many other viral recipes, Mariko’s is relatively quick and simple. Based on a Japanese meal that is typically made from leftovers, the recipe only requires rice, salmon, soy sauce, kewpie mayonnaise, and sriracha. Some people also top the meal with avocado, kimchi, and roasted seaweed, but those are optional.
The best part? The entire process only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. It’s no wonder why so many people are trying and loving this new TikTok trend.
So, break out that cold, leftover rice that’s been sitting in the back of your fridge and get ready to join the 5.7 million TikTok users who are obsessed with this recipe.
- White rice
- Cooked salmon fillet
- Kewpie mayo (some substitute with regular mayo)
- Soy sauce
- Diced avocado
- Roasted seaweed
- Use a fork to flake salmon and spread it evenly across a plate
- Place rice on top of salmon and add an ice cube to the middle; cover with parchment paper
- Heat in the microwave until warm
- Remove the parchment paper and ice cube
- Top with soy sauce, mayo, sriracha, and any other toppings you’d like
- Mix thoroughly and enjoy!
- TIP: If you’re doing it the Emily Mariko way, and take some roasted seaweed and use it to grab each bite of the rice.
Need some extra inspiration? Watch Emily Mariko’s original video below and stalk her page for other great recipes.
Best lunch of the week!♬ original sound – Emily Mariko