The Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe You Have To Try This Season
Me? Cooking? How did this happen?
As the weather cools down, there are few things more comforting than a warm bowl of soup, so I found this yummy lemon chicken soup with orzo by Joy Bauer and decided to give it a try. When I was done, I felt like such a grown-up. Before this, I had never made soup in my life! This could be a thing.
It was so delicious, healthy, comforting, and perfect for soup season…
Recipe by Joy Bauer
Olive oil spray
1 finely diced yellow onion (about 1 cup)
4 diced medium carrots (about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of freshly black pepper
3 cloves of minced garlic
1½ teaspoons lemon zest
8 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of orzo
2 tablespoons of arrowroot flour/starch
1/4 cup of lemon juice
3 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
1/4-1/2 cup of roughly chopped fresh dill (optional)
Follow along with Joy Bauer on the Today Show here.
Do you have a favorite soup recipe? Please share! I’m on a roll!
- Spray a large pot with olive oil spray.
- Warm pot over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, carrot, salt and black pepper
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are softened.
- Add the garlic and lemon zest
- Cook for a minute, stirring often
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and increase the heat to high
- Bring the soup to a boil
- Add the orzo and reduce the heat to a simmer
- Continue to cook for about 6 minutes
- While that cooks, make the arrowroot slurry by adding the arrowroot flour and lemon juice to a small bowl and Whisk until smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- When the orzo is done, mix in the shredded chicken and arrowroot-lemon juice slurry
- Allow that to thicken by simmering for 10-15 minutes
- Add salt, pepper, and fresh dill, if desired.
- Serve & enjoy!