Disney Shared Their Recipe For The Grey Stuff, And Well, It’s Delicious.
Beauty and the Beast’s talking candlestick, Lumiere said it best when he told Belle to “try the grey stuff it’s delicious. Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes!”
Disney fans everywhere know what the famous “grey stuff” is, and many have probably tried to whip up the creation themselves. The treat can be found in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom at the Be Our Guest restaurant, but with all Disney parks closed due to COVID-19, people are left to their own devices to satisfy their Disney cravings.
Luckily, Disney Eats decided to help us all out by dropping the official recipe to their famous snack…
1 1/2 cups milk
3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding mix
15 cookies and cream sandwich cookies
8 oz. whipped topping
1 Tbsp. instant chocolate pudding mix
1. Pour the milk into a mixing bowl and add the vanilla pudding mix. Whisk until smooth
2. Put the cookies and cream sandwich cookies into a food processor and puree until finely ground.
3. Add pureed cookies to the milk and vanilla pudding mixture. Stir until well combined
4. Add in the whipped topping and chocolate pudding mix and stir until well combined.
5. Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator to thicken.
6. Once chilled, put the grey stuff into a piping bag, and pipe onto scalloped cookies. Then, tadaaa, you’re done!
If you’re looking for a fun quarantine activity, use this recipe to whip up some grey stuff and then turn on Disney’s Beauty and the Beast to really set the scene. Disney Eats is also providing even more iconic snack tutorials, including recipes for Mickey Beignets and churro bites – check out their Instagram for all the snack inspo and Disney magic you’ll ever need!
Picture and video credit to Disney Eats.