7 Verses On Renewal
My first semester of college was a struggle. I was at a school I never wanted to go to, missed my family, and was surrounded by so many people but felt so alone.
This new stage of life was overwhelming, and I couldn’t bring myself to do anything but sulk. Sulking isn’t exactly helpful when you’re a new college student with 3 tests, 2 projects, and endless papers to write.
In the moment, it seemed like my world was spinning out of control.
I told myself I needed a fresh start – a new school, new friends, a new major. I needed change, and I needed it immediately. But God revealed to me a different message.
What I wanted was immediate change, but what He knew I needed was renewal. God used this time to teach me that my joy is found in Him, not in whether or not I love my school or miss my family. He showed me that my life might change, but He is unchanging. No matter my circumstances, He can give me a new outlook, a new hope, and a new joy.
Once I relied on Him for renewal, He opened the door for a new path – a new school and a happier me. The greatest lesson I learned was that even at my lowest points, when my circumstances and struggles refuse to budge, God can renew my strength and my hope to handle whatever is thrown at me.
These verses on renewal remind me of God’s promise and ability to make all things new, including you and me. I hope they help you as much as they helped me.
- “Though youths grow tired and weary, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.” – Isaiah 40:30-31
- “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” – Lamentations 3:22-23
- “Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices, and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him” – Colossians 3:9-10
- “Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” – John 7:37-39
- “And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’” – Revelation 21:5
- “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” – Isaiah. 43:18-19
- “Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead.” – Philippians 3:13